A guy sees a sign in front of a house:
“Talking Dog for Sale – $10.”
He rings the bell, and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard.
The man walks into the yard and asks the dog,
“Can you really talk?”
“Yep,” the dog replies.
“So, what’s your story?”
The dog says,
“Well, I discovered my ability to talk when I was young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. They had me traveling all over the world, eavesdropping on shady conversations. I was one of their top agents for eight years. But the jet-setting really wore me out, so I retired. Now I just live here and take naps.”
The guy is stunned. He walks back inside and asks the owner,
“Why on earth are you selling that incredible dog for only $10?”
The owner replies:
“Because he’s a liar. He didn’t do any of that stuff.”